Something about hitting 30 weeks just makes this feel like it is all coming to an end! We still have 10 weeks to go, but I'm feeling really ready to feel really ready - know what I mean? I want the nursery DONE. I want to have onesies and diapers and other necessities stocked. I want to have maternity photos taken and a hospital packing list started.
But instead I'm forcing myself to slow down and enjoy it all. This week's been a productive one so far - during our remodel and basement flooding situation, we ended up using EVERY closet to its full potential, but none of them were organized. So we've spent time this week emptying out EVERYTHING from EVERY closet and sorting it (first into keep, donate, trash and then sorting the keep into top floor, main floor, basement) so that we can put it in its forever home. This includes 2 giant closets in the nursery, and I'm so ready for it to all be done!
Also this week I have my first baby shower! I split my showers in 2 in the same way I did for my wedding - one that is family and family friends and the other that is just friends. This weekend is my family shower and I'm so so so excited. I can't wait to let everyone feel this constantly moving belly of mine!
Alright, now on to the regularly scheduled Humpday Bumpdate!
Here's what's going on with me now:
- Baby Girl is: gaining more body fat and will be close to 4 pounds by the end of the week.
- Cravings/Aversions: I really thought I'd have more cravings and aversions this pregnancy, but so far, I'm not feeling that different than I usually do. The sun finally started coming out and that made me want watermelon, but my husband can attest to the fact that I started begging for watermelon about this time last year too.
- Belly Button: No change, and I'm still thinking it may never change! I'll drop this from the weekly updates and only will add it back if something changes.
- Feeling: SO good! This whole week I've been waking up practically forgetting that I'm even pregnant. I'm sleeping amazingly well, feeling limber and strong, and am not having a single ache or pain that a quick stretch doesn't remediate.
- Thinking of: How the puppy is going to adapt once baby girl joins the clan. I've read a few blog posts and tips online, but for those of you who have pets and welcomed a baby home - any tips?? Let me know in the comments!
- This Week I've Been: Cleaning and organizing closets, as I mentioned above. And also we finished building all of the nursery furniture, so now its time to organize all the STUFF that goes in there!