Well, we didn't finish the nursery in time for this week's post - but we did at least build a crib, so we are making some good progress! And gosh, do I love our crib! Our nursery will be lots of greys & creams/tans/natural woods, so I love the mix of white + natural wood on the crib which will help pull everything together. I added a picture at the end of the post. But now, 29 weeks!
Here's what's going on with me now:
- Baby Girl is: almost 3 lbs! It's amazing how fast they start to put on weight around this time in pregnancy!
- Cravings/Aversions: Can't stop drinking water still. Also really obsessed with Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, but that happens every year around this time, so I can't really blame it on the pregnancy. Not loving typical snack foods lately and instead preferring nutrient rich mini-meals.
- Belly Button: No change, and I'm still thinking it may never change!
- Feeling: Great, actually. There are points in this pregnancy where I'm like "man, I could do this over and over again!" And then I have a less fun day and can't imagine ever wanting more than just this one time. But lately, I've been leaning towards feeling great! I had some swelling a few weeks ago in my feet and hands - and its gone now! I had some back pain a few weeks ago - and its gone now! I was pouring out of my bra a few weeks ago - and a new bra solved all my problems! So really just enjoying this time of feeling good while it is here.
- Thinking of: Maternity leave. I'm starting to realize just how soon this baby could come and realizing I need to get all of my plans finalized with work. I'm totally a workaholic (who really loves her job) so it is hard for me to want to hang up my bag for a while...but I know it is the right thing to do as my life will be SO DIFFERENT when baby comes!
- This Week I've Been: Down in Portland. Usually I don't like staying away from home to sleep, but during this pregnancy, I have to say it is kind of nice to have an entire King bed to myself. I build a nice little pillow fort and sleep so so well. I miss Travis and the animals, but a couple of nights of really good sleep is absolutely making it worthwhile to be away.
And now, the crib! We got it on Amazon (exact here) and I love the way it will tie everything together once we have the rest put together. It isn't actually going to be where it is right now, but we haven't moved some other things out of the way yet, so hoping to do that in the coming weekend when I'm back home! Rug still available here, too!