February is here and it is time to set my five small goals for the month. But before we dive into that, let's recap January's goals real quick:
- Start sewing e-class and complete one project. COMPLETE! I finished last night, so it went right down to the wire!
- Secure financing for remodel. ALMOST DONE. We got approved pending appraisal. Appraisal is scheduled so we should have results within a couple of weeks. But we did all of the heavy lifting in January, so I'm going to call this a success.
- Spend $0 on clothing. FAIL. I didn't buy anything other than some workout clothes at the Lululemon Warehouse Sale, so I'm still really proud of myself, since I don't count gym clothes towards my clothing budget, I'm still at $0 for the year there!
- Eat/make more soup. COMPLETE! Trav's even gotten into it and made his first batch of soup last week. We're hooked, I tell ya!
- Read two books. COMPLETE! Super proud of myself here, since January was busier than I had thought it would be. I finished "A Spool of Blue Thread" and "We Were Liars" and am already halfway through "At The Water's Edge."
Now, on to February. This month is filled with five work trips, a vacation to Costa Rica, and a visit from my cousin, so we're going to be a little short on time around here. Because of that, I've focused on goals that don't require too much time, but are more constant in-the-background things.
1. Read 3 books. I'm pretty sure I'll have a reading goal each month, since I did set a yearly goal. For book club this month, we're reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" and then I hope to read at least two other books - maybe a fun beach read in Costa Rica!
2. Make it to the gym 12 times. Because of my crazy work schedule and my 6-day vacation, I'm a bit worried about this number, even. Usually I go at least 4 times a week, but hitting 12 will be lucky this month.
3. Maintain painted nails. This is a bit of a silly one, but I've been seriously slacking on taking care of my hands lately. I think painted nails look more professional, so I'm going to have a goal of maintaining that look this month - without going to the salon for it.
4. Tailor ill-fitting pants. I have a few pairs of pants that are baggy and ugly on me now that I've lost a bit of weight. Instead of having them take up space in a closet but never get worn, I'm going to either tailor or donate/sell them all this month. If I can't tailor them to work, it's time to replace them.
5. Save dessert for weekends. I have a terrible ice cream habit. I don't overdo it per serving, but I get on these kicks where I want it every night after dinner. I'm going to save dessert for the weekends this month, which is a habit I've had before and enjoyed maintaining.
So that's it! Shouldn't be too hard, but also I feel like goals like this end up being harder than things I can check off a to-do list. As with last month, I'm linking up with Nicole!